Friday, March 12, 2010

Oh boy, the bug.

The last few weeks there have been rumors of an awful, nasty stomach bug aka vomiting virus going around. I do believe that almost all of my friends have had it or someone in their family has. I thought I was just lucky to have an amazing immune system. HA. How God humbles us! Seems like Jackson must have picked it up Sunday at church (where there was widespread plethora of usage of hand sanitizer bc of a breakout of the virus the week before at the preschool). When I overheard the nursery workers talking about it and the required quart of hand sanitizer recommend for every child that morning, my ears pricked up. Tuesday, when I went to get Jackson up he had thrown up sometime in the night and was a little fussy and had diarrhea (sorry if thats TMI), I thought well he probably picked up the bug, but at least it isnt that bad, bc he never threw up again and the diarrhea tapered off by late afternoon plus he was eating like normal. Well the little bug that was working around in him decided that it would be happier in a different host. So it hopped on over to my stomach and bowels and invaded my working system and had a party. Oh boy did that bug have a party. Started feeling sick Wed afternoon and didn't stop heaving and hurling until the wee hours of the morning. When the bug was done, it may have left my body but my body is still feeling the full affect of its wrath and havoc in my inner workings! This morning I actually feel much much better and am able to get some things done around the house, but Im still so weak. Good news: Im down below pre pregnancy weight! YAY!! HA. The positives is what you have to focus on, LOL! PLUS I have an amazing husband who stayed home yesterday bc I so couldnt take care of Jackson. I count my blessing for him. Love him.

Anyways the reason I write all this, is because I am an information divulger as you all know but also bc I haven't sent out Jackson's 11 month (or 10 month for that matter) slideshow. I am going to try and work on it some today but you'll probably get it tomorrow so be checking your emails. ALSO the big news is that our photographer shared our pictures on her blog. It is only a small sampling but we love them. She truly captured Jackson's many faces and personality. We were laughing hard at some of his expressions. Here is the link to her blog, scroll down to our post. Feel free to leave her a comment. She did a fabulous job and we couldn't be happier with pictures that were done when it was windier than heck, chilly and a boy that wanted to just crawl and eat dirt and rocks NOT pose! Let me know what you think of them!

Now on to a few other things I promised to write about. Last week we had dinner with my dad and Carolyn (Pop and Gay Gay). We were eating mexican food (duh) and a mariachi player came up and was playing the guitar for Jackson. Well the guy made up his own song for my little guy and it went a little sumthin like this: (Insert heavy spanish accent and guitar strumming) "Hey baby, I love you baby. Look at your blue eyes baby. You are so beautiful baby. Hey baby. I love you baby. I do. I love you baby." Thats pretty much the jist of it, but here are pictures of Jacksons impression of the serenade.

PRETTY funny. We were all laughing hard. At the last picture Jackson had that look on his face and looked at us like "Does anyone else find this uncomfortable, or is it just me?" then looked back at the guy.

Then Saturday we went to Jakes bday party at Memorial Herman Park and played and played! Jackson had a great time crawling around the little playground, but he best part was Riley who was all over him like white on rice. I love that girl. She is such a momma, and was happy to be showing him the ropes or er, smothering him. Whatever you wanna call it! LOL. Here are some pics we took that day.
The party favors were train whistles, hats and bandanas...so cute!!!


We rounded out that night with Grants First Bday party which was alot of fun.
So crazy to think that in just a few more weeks my guy is going to be celebrating too. Just nUtS!!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! I guess the overwhelming awkward feeling while some guy (expecting a tip) is playing music right beside your ear, as you are trying to enjoy a meal and conversation with those you came with, is innate! Cute pics - we love the pics in every blog b/c they make us almost feel like we were there! :(

    ReplyDelete