Thursday, September 10, 2009

Catch-Up (said the onion to the squashed tomato)...

SOOOO sorry I haven’t updated in a week. My phone AND internet went out and I had to have a guy come out to fix it, 4 different times, still not completely fixed so no 5 month slideshow yet. Its an uploading problem. I am not kidding, I think I went through withdrawals from many technology related addictions. One of them being this blog. I try to update every few days, so this was killer, no lie. Maranda said I had dropped to 6th or so on her list of blogs...I am always 1st or 2nd. Terrifying, really. I made it though. Im okay, a little frazzled and withdrawn but okay. Thanks for your concern :)

Okay so get your seat cushions, its a super long blog to catch you up. I wanted to make it shorter but we do know that it is me we are talking about and if I get a little sidetracked and write more than a few words, well, its okay bc that’s just my style friends! If you just want to get to the Jackson stuff, scroll down where it says Jackson is 5 Months Old! Thats where you find the purpose of this blog!!!

Last Sunday was the “Florida or Bust” party Chelsea and I threw for Matt and Jordan. The food was delicious (man, my brother Troy CAN smoke some brisket I tell yah), and the company was even better. Jackson woke up grumpy Sun, lets just say it NEVER got better and the day that Taylor and I thought we would barely have to hold our child bc of all the family wanting to get their turn turned into a day we HAD to hold our child most of the time bc, its like hot potato, no one wanted to be holding the baby when he decided to cry!!! Which was often unfortunately. Here is a picture of Matt and Jordan at the party. Thank you Aunt Chelsea for finally being able to soothe the crying baby!

Tuesday was a really hard day for us. Emotionally that is. We dropped Jackson off at Marandas (Everyone take a second to thank god for best friends) so she could babysit while we went to Lana’s Celebration Service in the Woodlands. It was such a beautiful service. I really walked away just feeling so full of the love and spirit that was packed in that place of worship. We celebrated her life, and listened to friends and family speak amazing words about Lana. She WAS and IS amazing. You should read their blog, it is very spiritually motivating. Really makes you want to be a better Christian. Very emotional morning. Jackson had a great time at Maranda’s, here are some pictures of that:

Watching TV..some babysitter that is...he he he!
Jake found a new recliner, and no that is NOT his car seat.
Tori and Jackson resting on the floor.
Jake loved the iguana eye on Jacksons shirt!

And when he pointed it out to Jackson, he loved it too!

Really there are no words for this picture

Too cute.

THEN that night we had dinner with Troy, Chelsea, Matt and Jordan to say goodbye. We wont see them until Thanksgiving, which will be the longest I have gone without seeing my brother. It stinks. No lie. I will miss them A LOT. Really I will miss being able to just get together for dinner or lunch and the availability that comes with family living close by. They will have so much fun in Miami though. WEAR LOTS OF SUNSCREEN GUYS!!!! Jackson is definitely going to miss them, hopefully we can try and go up there next summer/spring. Here are a few pics from our dinner.


In mid bounce

The rest of the week went by in a blur, just really not much going on. Yesterday we went to Riley's bday party..HAPPY 3rd BDAY Riley! And in the evening we went to see the grandparents perform at their church. Jackson loved it. Anything with lights, music and action and he is GAME! This morning we ended up the weekend with church, and another visit from Comcast (thanks to that guy I can do my blog now :))

NOW the big stuff about Jackson:

WEDNESDAY HE TURNED 5 MONTHS OLD!!!!!!

Another month down. I really cant believe that he is almost half a year old. It seems like just yesterday I had my big ol belly. Well maybe that’s bc I am still so flubby, I might be in denial on how long the flub has stayed around.

Here’s what Jackson has accomplished this last month:

~Has eaten and LOVED sweet potatoes, applesauce, avocado, pears, bananas, and carrots. DOES NOT like (icky faces and gagging noises included) green beans or sweet peas. (unless we trick him and mix it with sweet potatoes).

~Loves to be where we are, does not like to be left alone. Ham much? So did not get that from me ;)

~Is a Jumping Jumparoo in his Jumper. He goes TO TOWN in that thing! When he is not in the Jumper he still jumps around on your lap. He is part rabbit, I think. Or kangaroo.

~Is VERY interested in the dog at all times pretty much. Grabs at her hair (poor girl), she gives him kisses.

~Flipping over like a pancake when on the floor. Really good at rolling around now. Yesterday he rotated about 180 degrees to get closer to a toy.

~Is scooching around on his tummy. No lift off yet!

~Sitting up really well, almost without any help at all for a period of time.

~ Smiles and laughs A LOT.

~Sits in his little bath tub like a big boy. No more leaning back.

~Plays in the water a little, trying to grab at his toys floating around in there.

~Started lifting his arms when he wants to be picked up. So cute.

~actually playing with his toys, grabbing for them, etc.

~Just overall he is growing and learning so quickly. Its just crazy.

He is a pure joy and so much fun. I will post a link to his slideshow when I get it done, should be tomorrow. I am loving every minute with this kiddo and really excited to see what the next month brings.

One Month

Five Months!

AND weighing in now at 18lbs.

I have failed miserably at a few short words. I may need an intervention. Really though, I have been without internet and phone so is anyone surprised I need to “purge” myself a little? Didn’t think so.

Have a great few days friends, we will catch up again soon :) Like probably tomorrow. I cant help it, I am addicted like I said and this past week was R-O-U-G-H on me. Just ask my friends, or Taylor, or Jackson, or the self help line I tied up for like 38 hours! Just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment