Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jackson, Jackson, went to the beach and didn't like the water when it touched his feet.....

Its true, he didnt like the water AT ALL. Of course we were in Myrtle Beach, SC and the water was cold (no we didnt get in it silly); BUT he didnt like any of it. The sand, the water, the noise (even though he takes naps to the ocean sounds from his radio, hmm...), the waves...NONE OF IT. Of course, it could have had something to do with a small slipperoo involving face, in sand, right when we sat down. Anyways, that was the only part he didnt enjoy of the most fun trip we have had in months...well he also didnt like the sleeping on an airplane bit but Ill get to that :).
Get ready for a long blog my friends!
So as most of you know we took a trip to the Carolina's to visit Taylor's best friend from college Abbey and his family. We love Abbey and Amber and bc they live so far we hardly ever get to see them. THEN they had a beautiful baby boy almost 18 months ago and it got even harder to visit. SO Tay and I just bit the bullet and booked a flight to see them after we had Jackson. Boy was it fun and crazy and funny and special and ...well...you get the picture. Friday we took off, Jackson did okay on the plane, no real trouble except when he got tired and wanted to sleep, he got a little fussy and cried (loudly) for about 45 minutes.... er,..... less than a minute actually, it just seemed like 45 minutes. :) We had a nice evening and then crashed, okay, so really we tried to crash but Jackson was having NONE of that. He took 2 hours to get down to sleep..OMG..it was awful I am not even going to lie. Then he was up all night bc he hated the pack and play (like always). We got little sleep. Thought the weekend was doomed but things were looking up when we found out that the condo we were staying in at Myrtle Beach would have a crib. So we packed up and took a road trip to the beach!
How many aggies does it take to fit a stroller in the back of a car?
Well two worked but I think they would have done it faster if there had been at least 2 or 3 more..he he he..luv you hun!
But seriously, it did take them awhile to get the stroller in, so long in fact that I had time to snap these pics of Amber, myself and the boys ready to go on our road trip.
We had to hustle when we got there, bc Amber and I had a massage, well actually we had to hustle bc Taylor was the one giving Abbey the directions..BIG MISTAKE. I have never felt more relaxed than I did after a hot mineral bath and an hour long massage. THE BEST! While we were getting relaxed, the boys went to the grocery store where a group of tuxedo wearing guys buying champagne talked about how cute Jackson was and....yep, you guessed it....how big his cheeks were.. HA! You know its big when guys notice and talk about it! Here are pictures of our awesome condo:
It was the Holiday Inn something or other in South Myrtle Beach HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!
When you walk in the door to the right was our room and bathroom
This was the view from the window into the L.R. and Kitchen

Master Bedroom and bath
Kitchen from hallway looking into the LR.
When we got back, the crib had arrived...only...it wasnt a crib, but alas it was another PACK AND PLAY!! AGHHHHH!! So I rigged it up to make it feel like a mattress as best I could and prayed, prayed, PRAYED he would sleep in it that night.
He didn't.
But I was so tired I actually slept through him getting up as much as he did, my amazing husband was up with him and let me sleep. So on to plan c..at nap time I put him in our bed (which THANKFULLY was a King) and layed next to him and he was out. For over an hour. SO I thought...hmmm we might be on to something here. So next nap time, we did it again. And he slept. For over an hour. O-K-A-Y. SO at bed time we consulted with each other and decided a night of solid sleep for these tired parents was what we needed and could quite possibly get with him in our bed, so we all three slept. In the bed. Together. Happily. Peacefully. Hard. And did I mention Happily? Thats the key I guess. Dunno what we will do in the future. But honestly I dont care as long as he is sleeping at night.

NOW that day we took him to the beach...he was U-N-H-A-P-P-Y.
He did not like the waves, he did not like the sounds,
he did not like the sand and surf or the blanket on the ground.
What he did like however was his old flip flop sandal,
and he chewed on that for quite awhile, well, as long as he could handle.
Here are some pictures. Of course, he did look oh so cute in his beach outfit..thank you Janice!!!
How cute is Aiden...Classic in his overalls :)
Boys will be, well, boys :)
Flip Flop chewin.
Next day was Monday and we were sooo sad to leave. WE had played games, ate good food, visited and laughed so hard our sides were sore. YOU HAVE to buy Partini the game. It was uber fun and hilarious to play. On our way back to Charlotte we stopped at a really cool farm called Mcleod Farms and unfortunately it was raining, so fortunately we got some cute pictures of our pumpkin in a pumpkin patch inside. YAY!!!

I love this picture, it seems like he is describing the pumpkin to us.."This pumpkin was grown on a completely organic diet and its mother and father were both 10 pounders..!"
NOW the plane ride back was..well...eventfull. Once again he was doing great until he had the meltdown of '09 when he was tired and wanted to sleep, in a bed. Not in my arms, not on my shoulders, not rocked, but he wanted to be flat on his back in a bed. SO after about 10 minutes of pure you- know- what, it really was 10 minutes of screaming, we layed him accross our laps and he was out.
When he woke up he was happy and we played and then he wanted to sleep again and there we go again. Screaming meltdown part 2 of '09. Not kidding, this time it lasted about 7 minutes. So loud this kid was that a guy two rows up in army fatigues was covering his ears. Yah. How bout that. Sigh. Meanwhile here a picture of a happy time on the plane :)
So we are super busy this week, we had a great weekend but are exhausted and ready to get back into our routine. Unfortunately, my step-grandma passed away yesterday morning. She was a spirited gal who will truly be missed. So we have her funeral on Sat and then Jackson is getting baptized on Sunday, which also happens to be my 6 year wedding anniversary!YAY! I think I have mentioned that already. I hope you enjoy the pictures from our trip as much as we enjoyed taking them!

1 comment:

  1. Who knew that Lindsey Johnston would become a fan of co-sleeping. ;)

    Looks like fun! And Happy Anniversary!